If you’re an established small business you are probably doing OK, but you are most likely only doing the bare minimum when it comes to marketing, relying mostly on referrals.
But there are times when you could probably do even better and this is where a boost in marketing your business will help to keep those customers coming back again and again.
It’s more important than ever with new technologies, online marketing and social media impacting the marketplace, to make sure you plan and implement some marketing efforts to continue to grow your business.
How do you know if what you are doing is working? Taking time out to review your marketing can often give you insights that can save you time and money and shed some light on new opportunities you hadn’t considered.
There are some basic questions you need to ask before you can begin to plan some new marketing efforts
- Who is your target market?
- What unique benefits do you offer your customers – why should they buy from you?
- What is your brand, how can you increase your brand awareness?
- Are you communicating your brand and core messages to both your customers and prospects?
- How have you been doing that? Is it working?
- How can you gain more visibility in your marketplace?
- Are you measuring the results and making changes based on these results?
Once you start focusing on your business in this way, you will be able to develop and implement a new marketing plan. Leaving it to chance for too long will almost certainly end up costing you more in the long term.
If you’d like some help on planning your marketing communications, Tweet me or call me on 01273 772033 today.