To stay engaged with future buyers, Lead Nurturing is a powerful way to deliver engaging and interesting content to your prospects – specifically those who have given you permission to stay in contact with them.
What you’re essentially doing is educating targeted sales leads, which are not yet ready to buy. Valuable content that keeps your audience engaged can help you build a strong brand presence and engender trust long before they make a purchase.
7 Steps to delivering an effective Lead Nurturing Campaign
- Identify who could be interested in your product/services and obtain their details. (This could be easily done through consistent networking within your business community)
- Follow-Up these contacts with an acknowledgement and the reference point of contact.
- Offer them information they can instantly use, even if they don’t choose to do business with you; ‘how to’ guides which relate to your business and might help them.
- Offer them a special place to interact with you; website, twitter page, LinkedIn, email etc.
- Get permission to stay in touch through an opt-in link to email newsletter/ downloads etc.
- Stay actively in touch and offer added value such as an e-Book or white paper or a special offer/package deal.
- Above all track the content and results of all interactions and use this to spot the times your prospects indicate their willingness to buy and ask for their business.
Remember! It’s not all about hard selling anymore; it’s about building relationships and trust with your prospects in a way that is both consistent and relevant.
If you’d like some help on managing your marketing activities Tweet me or call me on 01273 772033 to set up an initial chat over a coffee!